Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find answers to specific questions regarding our architectural LED lighting products. Should you need further information, please Contact Us and we will be happy to get back to you.
This can vary for each particular application with directionality and the physical area requiring illumination being the primary variables. If you need a fluorescent, HID, or another type of luminaire to be replaced, please submit a Request for Information and select ‘Lighting layout calculation request’ as your nature of inquiry for a free, no obligation lighting layout.
Lumenova Design offers fixtures available in the following ranges:
- Low voltage DC (12, 24 & 12-24VDC), which require a power supply to allow for use with standard 120VAC
- Low voltage AC ranges (100-277VAC)
- High voltage AC ranges (347-480VAC)
Some of our luminaires either come standard or with the option to be dimmable. LED fixtures are dimmable on the DC side of the power supply and typically a control wire would be run to each power supply.
Our fixtures are shipped with standard, optional or custom made mounting brackets dependent on the application.
LEDs do not typically ‘burn out’ like alternative light sources, rather they gradually degrade over time. Our luminaires should retain 70%, or more, of their brightness for up to 100,000 hours. This is equivalent to 20 years if operated for 12 hours a day.
- Warm white was developed for applications which require a warmer light spectrum, for example, in residential areas or applications where wildlife may be impacted.
- Cool white is closer to the spectrum produced by fluorescent lights and is approximately 25% brighter than warm white. This option is more suited for applications that require increased illumination or more energy efficient fixtures.